Household Potable Water (Drinking Water Tanks)
Coptrol is perfectly safe in drinking water. It may be used in domestic drinking water supplies. However it is important to understand that algae will only grow in the presence of sunlight so if your tank is covered and sunlight cannot enter the tank algae will not grow. If you are worried about contamination within the tank try running your finger around the inside of a tank, which has no access to sunlight. If you feel a slimy substance it is not algae but a bacterial slime. Coptrol will not eradicate bacterial slime.
If however the water in your tank has access to sunlight and algae are growing the suggested application rate is 2 mL of Coptrol per 1000 Litres of water. So in a 10000 Litre tank the application rate would be 20 mL of Coptrol (10 x 2).
The most practical way to apply Coptrol is to put the required amount of Coptrol in a bucket or watering can, fill with water and then disperse the mixture evenly over the surface.
Make sure there is a filter over the tank outlet otherwise the dead algae will sink to the bottom and possibly clog the outlet.
Warning: If you are sourcing the water from a dam or pond be certain you are not supplying water contaminated with blue green algae.
If you still need help call us at no cost to you. Contact RCI where our free call numbers are displayed. Or you can email us using this form.